Friday, May 1, 2009

Meet Herbie, my very first official pet.

Yup, meet my pet hamster, Herbie.

Herbie, running on the mini-hamster wheel that I bought for her.

Yeah, Herbie's a girl hamster. I got her on the fourth of April from a fellow friend of mine who was giving away hamsters. That time, Daniel, Gan Yang and me went to her house and checked out her hamsters and selected our hamster of choice.

Daniel wanted to select the most chubbiest one, which turned out to be the most hyper-active one as well. Climbing the cage non-stop and biting on everything, even including your finger if you tried playing with it. In the end, he choose a semi-chubby (LOL) male hamster and named in Mac.

I choose the smallest one because I like cute and small animals. =D I don't know what kind of name to give it so I just let it be for a while. Turns out my hamster's a girl.

Awh, look at her. She has camera-shy. XD

Later on, we head to the nearest pet shop and bought a few accessories for our hamsters. After that, I had to bring Herbie back to my hometown and kinda lied to my mom about Herbie being one of Daniel's relative's hamster and borrowed it for me to take care of it for a week.

Yeah, my mom doesn't like pets.

Anyway, during the trip to my hometown, situated in Seremban., there was a lot of bumpy roads along the way. I think Herbie had car sick during the trip and if not mistaken, she vomited her food out. DO'H!

At my hometown, I let Herbie played on her wheels for a while and gave her some food. I don't have a small plate with me that time, so I just took one of the food out and feed it to her by my hand. Herbie was damn cute when she snatched it away from me and eat it only to toss it aside after eating halfway.

No Herbie... you gotta finish your vegetables to be as strong as me~

Another thing about Herbie though, she's pretty lazy after her meal. Once she's done with her meal, she would just go sleep.

Oi! Sudah makan exercise la sikit!

Here comes another cute thing about Herbie. Seeing that she's asleep, I let her be for a while. I came back to check on her after a few minutes and was shocked. I thought Herbie died when I...

saw this.

Lol, you should have seen my reaction when I realized that it was one of the ways every hamsters sleeps. Herbie gave me the shock of my life wei.


Later that night, when I reached home. I gave Herbie a mini bowl and filled it with food and boy, was she delighted. When she inspected the new bowl I gave her, my heart immediately melted. It made me go 'Awwwwh~'. XD


Immediately, she went into the bowl and ate her food. Herbie's pretty picky about her food. Whenever I give her a bowl of food, she would dig and grab her favorite food instead. If I grab the food and offer it to her, she would swing her arm around her and push my hand away.

The next day, I found out that Herbie used that bowl as her bed. LOL! The food? She tossed it into the small dish of water. ==

"Good morning, master!"

Later, mom found out about the truth about Herbie and I. At first she protested about me having Herbie as my pet, but in the end, she agreed, on a few conditions.

I have to take good care of it. By good care it means, cleaning out all of Herbie's poops.

Awh, thanks mom! You're SO getting a present from me on Mother's Day (if I didn't forget about it that is...)

More pictures of Herbie coming up. =D
Stay tuned.

Kyle

No comments: