Friday, May 8, 2009

Pudu Girl School prefect gathering 09

Tell you what, I'm gonna give you a few bucks just to shut your mouth before you can say (or type) "You're posting it now? Isn't it a little too long?". >=(

Anyways, I went to this prefect gathering on the 18th of April, Saturday. Was supposed to attend Accounts tuition but decided to skip it. It's my last year as a prefect anyway, just for once I want to attend a prefect gathering.

Besides, I was supposed to attend an event at that school a few weeks ago but I kind of bailed off last minutely and my friend who invited me was pretty mad at me. After all, she hosted the event herself and was one of the Master of Ceremony there. And since Pudu Girl school hosted one and our school was invited, I figured, 'Why the heck not?'

Headed there early in the morning, around 7.30. Man Li hitched my ride, so my parents went to fetch us both to the school. Oh boy, you should have seen my parents, they were giving the 'hmm-she's-not-a-bad-daughter-in-law' looks onto Man Li. I could SWEAR on my manly dignity that they were thinking that.

Reached there too early. Was supposed to meet up with the gang at about 8.10 because Dharshini's friends were to give us a tour around the school. Oh yeah, Dharshini used to be in Pudu Girl School. Me and Man Li reached there at 7.45. == We both thought we would encounter some traffics along the way but we stood corrected. The road was pretty clear surprisingly.

Had a little breakfast nearby the school and went there back at around 8.00. The gang were already there; Sasi, Shareena, Dharsh and Sri Ayu was there already shortly joined by Angeline, Evelyn, Sam, Matthew and Vivien. Azila came pretty late, we had to cancel our short tour just to wait for her when the two prefects from the school came out.

Oh yeah, speaking about the two prefects, guess who was one of them? It's Shirley Saw Xue Li, the school's head prefect and also studied in the same primary school as I am. It's been ages since I've seen her and boy, the word 'stress' was everywhere around her face. Not to be offensive but... oh what are the chances of her reading my blog... anyway she had quite some pimples on her face and her hair was a little messy.

So we waited for a little longer for Azila. Saw one of the school that came in and thought I recognized one of the prefects there. It was Adam from St. Gabriel. Met him last year in a debate competition. Quite the cool fella. Shortly after that, we decided to abandon waiting for Azila and go in anyway. LOL.

Some other prefects brought us to the hall and I was pretty shocked when I entered their hall. It totally sends our school hall into great shame in comparison, it's like our school's hall is just merely a clubhouse by sheer comparison. The school's hall had air-conditioner installed in it and just by this, had already put our school's hall into great shame.

Being that curious photographer, I snagged myself a few pictures. ;D

The school's hall as well as the event's background. It was handmade and I gotta admit, it was awesome.

Later on, the MC of the event announced the launching of the event. Oh, oh! Guess who I saw again? =D

The MC(s) of the event...

It's Sangeetha or should I say... Sang Guitar! LOL XD. Anyway, she's another friend of mine that studied at the same primary school. Boy, has she changed since the last time we met. When was it again? Oh wait... I've never seen her since after I graduated from primary school. DOUBLE LOL!!

Anyway, when they announced the coming of the headmistress and the VIP(s) into the hall, I was outside of the hall that time. As I enter, I followed closely behind them and waved to the other school prefects, acting like one of the important guests coming into the hall. At first, some of them thought I was one of the VIP(s) and laughed. TRIPLE LOL!!!

The school's entire prefect then came into the hall while singing "Somewhere out there" as their theme song.

The entire prefect from the school had to perform. Sucks to be them...

Then it was the head prefect's speech and followed by the headmistress' speech or at least that's who I thought. I couldn't remember if she was the headmistress or just a stand-in cause the headmistress came pretty late and I couldn't remember whether I took her picture or not.


After all those stuffs, it's time for the prefects of Pudu Girl School to perform =D! Time for the photographer to shine! >=D

First performance was a cultural dance. It was ok but their costume lack the appeal.

They were moving too darn fast!! (Or it could just be my poor photography skill XP)

Then there was a sketch performance. Sketch is like drama, in case you don't know. Here, I'll explain the story in short but... with pictures! =D

Meet this girl (whom shall now be known as Girl 1 [Don't ask, forget her name ==]). She's a bratty little girl who loves to hang out with her friends and party wildly. Girl 1 stole some money from her parents and went out to hang out with their friends Girl 2 and 3. XD


With her stolen money, she went to a shopping complex with her friends and bought some expensive clothings. Later on, Girl 1 called her boyfriend, Gi...(should it be Girl 4 or Boy 1? I mean, the role is of a boy but the cast is a girl...) Boy 1 (Oh, what the heck >_>) and they went to a Cyber Cafe.


Quickly bored with the computer games, Boy 1 invites the girls to join him for clubbing. They agreed and there was only two words to describe it then:

JUST DANCE!!

Girl 1 partied up to the point till she consumed alcohol. When she came back, her parents were waiting for her.

Uh-oh, someone's in trouble~

They got into an argument and the daughter really pissed her parents off. The next day, Boy 1 invited Girl 1 to go clubbing again. She accepted his invitation and went despite her parents' disagreement.


Together, they partied again and once again, she consumed alcohol. She got drunk and their party was cut short when the police came raiding in. She was too drunk to run or resist and got arrested anyway. Those drunk bastards...>_>


Her parents had to come to the police station and bail her out. There, she broke into tears and confessed all her wrong deeds.


Realizing her mistakes, she promised her parents to be a good girl and in the end, she was successful in her life.

And they live happily ever after?

The sketch was pretty good. There were lots of laughing scenes in it. But I'm pretty interested in Girl 1. I heard she's the school actress or wanted to become an actress or something like that. The way she acted was superb, as if she had natural acting talents. Hmm, I sense a competition. *grins*

Alright, next performance was a choir singing. Guess what song they sang? No... it ain't Negaraku. We sang it already early that day. Give you a hint, it has something to do with Romeo and Juliet.

Still couldn't guess it?

It's 'Love Story' by Taylor Swift!

The group of prefects who were singing.

But of course, what's a 'Love Story' without its...

Juliet? and...
Romeo?

Romeo's entrance was pretty dramatic. The song stopped halfway and the sound of door opening was heard. Then, from the lights, walks in Romeo. He (She) walks in and greets Juliet. Then the song resumes as they dance around.


And they were hugging around here and there too, which, somehow..., arouses the boys and girls in the hall.

BUT

Oh seriously, another 'Love Story'? Ain't you all bored with that song? I mean, yeah sure that the song's pretty meaningful. But imagine hearing the same song over and over again from radio, internet, hand-phone and such. Even I would get bored with it.

Oh yeah and during the part where Romeo and Juliet were hugging each other, Adam was a little disgusted. He then told me this:

"Is this really PESS prefect gathering or LES gathering?"
LOL!

Had a short break later on. The crowd was too much, lining up would be wasting lots of time. Dharsh then brought us to their school's prefect room. And surprisingly, a portion of a building is their god-forsaken frickin prefect room!

Though there isn't any pictures but I'm pretty confident enough with my descriptive abilities. The room's pretty big. It's long as well with two long tables in front of a black board. I suppose that's where they have their meetings. They have a frickin coat hanger for their blazers. They even have a locker, a LOCKER!!

This really puts our prefect room into SUPER DEEP shame. Our prefect's room's pretty small, half the size of a class room or smaller. I have to squeeze my big fat ass in just to attend a meeting. I'm not kidding, I'm born with a big butt and after every meeting, my back would hurt like an old granny's back.

Anyway, we went for our food. Apparently, the school there was serving spaghetti bolognese and fried chicken. Hold on, I heard from my friend that invited me to her event that they were having spaghetti bolognese as well... Please don't tell me these are the leftovers. =x


Food ain't that bad, just that the spaghetti was a little hard. Guess they didn't placed it in cold water before serving. The sauce was just nice, the little bit of spiciness made the sauce pretty delicious. The only downfall is that it's not hot enough.

The fried chicken... well nothing much I can say about it except for:

"It's finger licking good"

Except for the fact that I have to eat it with a pair of plastic fork and spoon. How do you expect me to cut the chicken apart? Use the spoon? Been there, done that... didn't work, wasted hours rubbing the chicken with the spoon. ._.

Oh, they also had ABC. Pretty sweet but not enough of syrup on the ice. Basically, too much of ice, too little syrup.


Didn't or rather, forget to bring the prefect T-shirt, had to skip the activities. Darn it, gotta stop picking my nose on every meeting and start paying attention. LOL.

After that short break, the performance continues. This dance's a Malay traditional dance. It's called 'Asramadana'. Wait a minute, isn't Asrama... forget about it. ==


Nothing much about this dance. Except for the part where the dancers would suddenly come down of the stage and dance around you. The music would suddenly change into a horror-themed music and the dancers would scare the ever-living crap out of anyone who they're close to which so happened that I'm one of them. One of the dancers grabbed my arm and grinned sadistically. Didn't frighten me though I almost smashed her head with my camera by force of habit. Thank goodness that didn't happen. Otherwise, I would be in deep trouble. =/

Next on, there's still small little drama that seemed like it's advertising on a skin-care product.


This girl woke up one morning and finds out that she has pimples all around her face. Terrified, she seek the help of her friends and family. Her friends gave her the most weird ideas.

There's this geek who suggested she used brinjal to rub her face. Then there was this one friend who told her to rub Maggie seasoning powder on her face. So, clueless, she used both at the same time.

One more funny scene between me and Adam was this part; the girl asked the audience at one point whether if she should use the brinjal or the Maggie seasoning powder.

Girl: Hmm, which should I use? The brinjal? Or the powder?
Audiences 1: Brinjal!!
Audiences 2: Maggie powder!!!
Adam: Use both!!

Everybody was looking at Adam then, the girl then agreed and used both. She took out a big knife and brutally chopped the brinjal apart. Everybody jolted to the back when they were watching this scene.

Kyle: Adam, you'd better not make her mad. Otherwise, that brinjal could very well be your 'ding-dong'
Adam: O__O Agreed.

LOL!

Anyway, back to the story. So she applied both the stuffs on her face and the next day...


Yeap, you've guessed it; more pimples. The girl's mom came back and gave her some skin-care cream for her to apply on. After using it, her pimples immediately vanished. Then she hold the product out and sort of advertised it.

Next performance was probably the best performance so far. It's called the 'Seju Dance'


It's pretty much an Indian hip-hop dance with all Chinese, Malay and Indian dancing.


See that Indian girl with the white sleeveless shirt in the middle? She did a solo dance that caught everyone's attention. The way she shook her hips really amazed us despite her body figure.

Then, finally, there was the AJK dance where most of the committee members of the event were involved. Their dance was pretty amazing.

Hey look, it's that actress girl again at the right! X]

In fact, the Seju Dance was so darn good that most of the prefects there shouted for an encore. They shouted: "Seju, encore!" repeatedly.

I actually misheard 'encore' as 'hancock'. XD

So, the Seju Dance did their show again and everyone was cheering so loudly.

Then, it's on to the group activities. I didn't have a shirt so I thought I was going to skip the activities but thank goodness for Adam. He borrowed me an extra pair of his school's T-shirt. So I went to change my clothes at the boys' toilet.

Wow, the boys' toilet is really, REALLY small. I don't have a picture of it though. The room was small that it could only fit at least four people inside. Inside the toilet, there are two rooms that had a toilet bowl. Then there was a basin and a toilet-stand. The toilet-stand was pretty close to the door and because of its nonstrategic place, anyone who opens the door from the outside would be able to see anybody's 'ding-dong' using that toilet-stand.

The girls' toilet on the other hand, although I didn't go in and see and if I did, I would've died long ago, is insanely large. 10 times the size of the boys' toilet.

Decided to change behind the toilet area. Oh and guess what? The boys' toilet and the girls' toilet are connected. Guess what I saw when I was changing my clothes? 8D

Nah, just joking! I'm wasn't tall enough to do whatever you were thinking that I was doing that time. Curse my genetics! LOL.

I came across this bucket. On the bucket was a label and on the label was the brand name of the product. I'd seriously would not expect anyone to use...


... this as their brand name. I mean, seriously, 'Fresh Butts'? What the hell, man?

After changing my shirt, I head back to the hall and everyone from my school was like:

"Yee Khai! Since when did you change to St. Gabriel school?"
"Oh Yee Khai, you mengkhianati sekolah kita, ya?"

Anyway, we were then separated into different groups. We were divided according to our month of birth. I'm in team November-December along with Matthew, Evelyn and Adam. We were each given different task to complete.

Our first task was to solve this clue to where our next task's location is. It took us a while to figure out that our next location was in the volleyball court. We immediately raced to that area. Me and Adam was the noisiest. We were both shouting while running with full spirit. XD

Adam: I don't know what I've been told!!
Kyle: I don't know what I've been told!!
Adam: Sui Yee Khai runs pretty slow!!
Kyle: Sui Yee Khai runs prett- HEY!

When we reached the volleyball court, the prefect stationed there told us it was the wrong area. Weird though, we saw a sign board that writes 'Padang Bola Tampar'. The prefect then told us we saw the board wrongly and our location was pretty far from here. Wasting no time, we raced towards our correct location.

Kyle: I don't know what I've been told!!
Adam: I don't know what I've been told!!
Kyle: Adam's sight got some problem!!
Adam: Adam's sight got som- WHAT?!

When we reach there, our task was pretty easy. There's three bowls of flour prepared in a row. We have to blow a ping pong ball across the three bowls and repeat it once again. Adam was first to do it. He tried his very best to blow the ball across the bowls but all he did was blow the flour and pretty much just redecorated his face.


Then I took over, I blew the ping pong ball across the three bowls in one go! Whoohoo!! Second round, I took over again. And once again, I blew the ping pong ball across the three bowls in one go.

The prefect stationed there then gave us a riddle to solve. If we could solve it, it will reveal us to the next location that we will be heading. But there was some errors with that riddle after we tried our very best to solve it. Then the prefect just gave us the next location to us; the car park.

The car park's task is pretty easy. All you have to do is drink this one beverage that one of the prefects had prepared, which turned out to be that actress. That beverage was green and smells funny. Everybody didn't dare to drink it until Adam suddenly volunteered me out to drink it.

Everybody agreed.

The girl told me that I won't die. She said that the drink contains lots of healthy stuffs in it. I then told her that if anything should happen to me, I shall come back and hunt her. As soon as I lift the cup, she ran away. LOL!

I then told myself 'Ah, what the heck?' and drank it all in one gulp. The beverage was pretty bitter and sour but I could tell all the ingredients inside. It was...

Bitter gourd
Cucumber
Celery
Green Apple
(I eat all those stuffs on a regular basis. So... it has no effects on me at all. XD)

After solving the riddle, our next location turned out to be in front of the Co-curriculum building. And our task was to blow out two candles using our nostrils. I tried doing that but because of me having some slight flu on that day. All my mucus came out instead. DO'H!

Adam and a few other prefects from other school completed the task and we headed to our next location which turned out to be the field just close to us.

Our next task is to lift a cup of water and pour it into a basin without using anything at all but strings. Thanks to everyone's idea. We completed the task swiftly and quickly solved the riddle to our next location.

The next location was... back at the car park. So, we rushed back to the car park. The prefect stationed at the car park then told us that this isn't our next location. It was the basketball court. DO'H! ><

Wasted our time rushing back to the basketball court. Our challenge was to let a hula hoop roll in between our legs through ten peoples. A pretty easy challenge, completed in less than five minutes. The prefect stationed there then told us to go back to the car park. We were then like: "What the hell?"

Rushed back there and completed our last task; sitting on each other's laps without any support at all. It's pretty much like this:

Five boys in a circle. Boy 1 has to sit on Boy 2's laps. Boy 2 has to sit on Boy 3's laps. Boy 3 has to sit on Boy 4's laps. Boy 4 has to sit on Boy 5's laps. Boy 5 then, have to sit on Boy 1's laps.

Same goes for girls.

Completed it without breaking a sweat. The prefects there then told us we have completed all the task and asked us to race back to the hall. Did what she told and found out that we weren't the fast to reach there. Ah well, we had to finish yet another task; solving mathematics and IQ questions.

Definitely not a job for me. =D

In the end, we lost. We were too slow... (all thanks to the misdirection that the prefects stationed in each are lead us to ==)

After that, the whole event just ends there and we all decided to take group pictures. I mean, come on, what's a little event ending without some pictures? ;D

All the prefects from all the school. Picture was a little blur. Photo taken not by me =P.
Our school group photo. Blur picture also not taken by me. XD

Well, that's pretty much it. Overall, the whole event was fun. Wished our school could host something like that but too bad, we're just plain cheap. =x

Oh and before I forget... Picture of the day! =D

"Whatchya staring at, punk?"

LOL!!!

Kyle
(P.S. Does anybody have or know anybody that might have that actress' phone number? I think her name's Moon Chin or something. XD)

No comments: