Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Another one-month delayed post by Yours Truly

Wazzup everybody? Miss me? Hey, no use complaining to me, you know? It's not like I've never tried finding for any free time for myself to blog. Any free time I had would usually be spent by popping zombie heads, sleeping or a little bit of revision. So... seeing now that I've finished my second Intervention test, I think I might have a little free time for my own to blog.

Alright... Oh yeah! About the previous post with the poops. What are you all complaining about? The post's sick?
(Well, I admit that I have to agree with you >_>) BUT!
Didn't I post a warning at the beginning of the post that it would be sick? It's your fault for not listening to my warning. xD

Anyway, let's catch up with the past events that I didn't blog about.

Let's start with my trip to the Hap Seng Tower on the third of April. Our school's counselor, Cik Eliza helped our class to organize a trip to Hap Seng Tower in conjunctions with University of Leeds' Information day 09. To know more about the University, click here.

Due to my laziness in elaborating that event, I shall let the pictures do the talking here. xD *smiles dumbly*
Awh, who am I kidding with? It's not like my pride would allow me to do that.

We went there by bus that the school had prepared for us. Morning jam wasn't that bad, thank goodness for that. Snapped a picture of Jiew Han sleeping in the bus. Must've burnt the midnight oil yesterday. I wonder what he did... >=)

Asleep like a baby. Awwwh~

After arriving there, I found out that there were other schools as well. Anyway, let's continue on.

The fountain in front of the building.

After registering, we found out that we came a tad bit too early. The session starts at 10, we arrived there 9.30. We had half an hour to spend =D... on nothing. DO'H!!

Cheng Heng and the gang decided to get some breakfast, some went to the nearby Starbucks and Old Town for some light snacks and the rest of the class followed the teacher.



Me and Santosh went out to do some 'sight-seeing' on the other schools. LOL! But too bad, Santosh didn't had his glasses with him that time and there was this one conversation that went like this:

Kyle: Dei, look at that girl over there. She's looking at you!
Santosh: What?! Seriously ah? Fuck la, I can't see! Where's my glasses when I need them?!!
DOUBLE LOL!! XD

While waiting, we decided to sing some songs together to kill time. We sang 'Lucky' by Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat. Don't know that song? No worries! kyle-sui.blogspot.com offers you tons of information albeit risking getting sued due to copyrights from other companies, so click here!=D

There's this one part of the song that went like this:

"Lucky I'm in love with my best friend..."

So after me and Santosh sang the song, he said "I hope we don't fall in love with each other," Almost smacked his face for giving me the chills. =/

Oh yeah, I noticed that every single car that goes in and out of the building are all Mercedes!
Those rich bastards... >_>

The teacher then ran out and told us that the session had already started and rushed us to go into the hall. Me and Santosh immediately head there. Oh and guess what? The receptionist there mistaken me and Santosh from St. Mary school! =D

Great, huh? Me and Santosh are from St. Mary... an all girls school! XD

"I guess we both used to be pretty girls last time" - Kyle

Anyway, when we entered the hall, the speaker was already starting her speech. It's kinda awkward though, the speaker stopping her speech just to let me and Santosh to get to our seats.
We still have the time to camwhore.

After her speech, comes in another instructor. She's an Indian that CAME from India teaching laws in an English University.

The instructor and the hall.

After that, every school went different sessions. Our school went to a Chemistry session. The professor there gave us a few introduction to Chemistry in University standards.

Curse my memory for not being able to remember his name. ==

Then he asked for two volunteers to come out and do a little experiment. Wei Jian and Gan Yang volunteered.

The duo as they listened to the professor explaining the procedure of the experiment.

They were required to fill in water into their flour placed in a bowl in front of them respectively. Then they are supposed to knead it into a dough.

Sorry for the low quality of the picture. I guess this is what you'll expect from a 3 Megapixel hand-phone camera.

After kneading for sometime, Gan Yang's dough had already shaped up nicely but Wei Jian's was still having a sticky texture. It was then we realized, there was something wrong with Wei Jian's flour.

"What the hell is wrong with my flour?"

The professor then told us that he had tempered with Wei Jian's flour by adding...(I can't remember again) in it which sort of destroyed the yeast in it. He then relate the experiment with the process of vulcanizing rubber.

After that, we went off, not before me taking a picture with the professor! =D


and not forgetting Wei Jian.

"I'll get you back for pulling that prank on me!" XD

Oh and our class made friends with one of the students from that University. His name was Sonny Parsonage.

Sonny and Me.

Quite the handsome-looking lad. He had our class' girls going gaga on him. Secretly taking pictures of him and sort. I bet Sonny was feeling awkward that time. I don't blame him, I told him that it's just typical Malaysian girls. LOL!

We chatted for quite some time while waiting for the other school to finish their Physics session. Gain lots of information about the University.

Once we entered the Physics session, the professor, Terry something...(Oh don't force me to remember! I can't even remember the color of my own underwear! >=( DO'H!!)


and his assistant, Justs... (still expecting me to remember it?).


Professor Terry gave us all a project. We are all divided into six groups and are required to use the straws and nails prepared to construct a structure that could support a bottle and a brick after that, without it collapsing of course.

My groups consisted of Me, Santosh, Jian Yuan, Gan Yang, Azila, and Juan Kit.


Professor Terry and Brother Justs guided us as we build our structure. After a few minutes spent, here's the structure that we built.

Looks crappy but there's more to it than it meets the eye... or some bullshit like that, I don't know.

Then it was time for the professor to start his work; destroying other straw buildings. LOL! ;D

Our group was the first to start, Professor Terry placed a book on top of our straw structure and placed a bottle on it. Our straw structure managed to support the bottle's weight! I didn't manage to take a picture of it but I did manage to take other group's straw structure.


Cheng Heng and his group's straw structure managed to support the bottle. Yi Vonn and her group also successfully passed the test.

Now, onto the brick test. And once again, our group was the first. We were damn nervous when he placed the brick especially when our straw structure was threatening to collapse.

BUT


OUR STRAW STRUCTURE SUPPORTED THE BRICK'S WEIGHT!!!

We were all like "Whoa! What the hell?". Professor Terry was satisfied and went on to the remaining groups and subsequently squashed their straw structures. LOL

The winner was our group! Professor Terry praised us all a job well done and showed us the previous school's straw structure that also managed to build a straw structure that passed both tests. Then he showed us his straw structure.

Though there isn't any pictures but the straw structure that Professor Terry built was similar to ours except that his was more neatly built and more concrete.

Our group took a picture with Professor Terry and Brother Justs to celebrate our victory. He also told us that our group will be receiving a certificate which still haven't reached to my hands to date.

Darn it, shouldn't have trusted Cheng Heng with a hand-phone camera. He had to screw this picture up. ==

We went back to school after that... but what's a little trip back to school without a little session of camwhoring? >=D

Group picture! =D
Hey look! Another Mercedes Benz! XD
Another group picture in the bus.
Our light lunch; Dunkin Doughnuts.

That's all there is to this post. I hope I can find my time to introduce you all my very first pet! =D

Kyle.

No comments: