Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Powernet's football match.

Sorry for not updating, been pretty lazy nowadays, especially with all the recent on-going events (which will be blogged about... I hope >_>). Anyway, here's yet another famous delayed post (one month delayed ==) from yours truly, Kyle.

There was this one day where my dad invited me to attend a football match that his company, Powernet, organized.

The company where my dad work in's logo.

The match was on a Sunday morning, in a public field located in Bentong, Pahang. Since it's Sunday and the match was in the morning, I'd figured 'Why not?' Since I won't be doing anything on Sundays besides sleeping until both of my parents yell at me only to wake up at around 12 or 1 something in the afternoon. Besides, I can warm my body up a little before the 'Street Thugz' have a futsal match with this team called 'City Youth Academy'.

Dad called me 6 in the morning, took a bath, changed into my football outfit and headed out at about 6.30 in the morning. We had a light breakfast at McDonald's.

Speaking about McDonald's, when I was taking the tomato sauce, there was this one aunt in front of me. She was trying to get herself some chili sauce as well, when she pushed the button for the sauce, nothing came out. Out of frustration, she repeatedly pressed it again and again. Then, a certain liquid burst out instead of chili sauce and guess what? It sprayed onto ME instead of HER. I mean seriously, what the hell?

Darn it, I didn't knew what that liquid was, it looked like rotten mayonnaise and smelled like one too. Great, I haven't even step onto the field and I'm already smelling like an abandoned trash can by the alley. I desperately try to wash the stain away, it was too darn smelly, I tell you. Thank God, that stain was gone but the smell remained, only a little though.

After eating, me and my Dad had a few conversation about games and glitches, how to drive and all. He even told me that he initially wanted to teach me how to drive before I go for my test but because of my house area's uneven grounds, he wouldn't want to take the chance.

Stopped by a petrol station to refill. While waiting, I noticed how great the morning scenery is. The mountains were covered with mists and the air around was so refreshing. Here's a few pictures that I managed to take.


Reached there at about 7.20 and me and my dad still had some time to prepare. Each teams was given a uniform, my dad couldn't fit into his red uniform and guess what he said?

"Oh, inilah taktik awak la ye? Buat baju yang ketat dan susah untuk bergerak kepada musuh lain,"

LOL

Luckily, my dad was already wearing a red uniform, apparently an old Manchester United uniform.

I met with some of my dad's colleagues and chatted with them. Took some pictures of the field too.

Some of the workers that came early was cleaning the shack.
The field.
One of the players, as well as the organizer.

Soon, everyone arrived and I noticed that me, my dad and one of his colleagues were the only Chinese around while the rest are Nepalese and mostly Malays.

Cina sudah pupus! LOL
One of the teams. Disciplined enough to line up by themselves.

Anyway, the organizer grouped all the teams together after that and wanted explained the rules of the game. But the other groups were taking their sweet time to group together, pissing the organizer off. And coincidentally, I snapped a picture of it. =D

"Yiish, mana semua bangan pekak ni pergi ni?"

Oh boy, apparantly he's a Chelsea fan. After a few shouts, all the teams finally assembles.

Each team has their own unique names that would sound wrong and make you laugh at the same time.
The organizer, telling the rules and regulations of the game. For a second there, it does look like he's scolding all of them.

Okay, now to the teams' names. There are a total of six teams.

First of all, we have...
Cabai Hijau FC.
I know what you're thinking but it isn't cibai, though that was my first impression as well. XD
This team has the advantage when it comes to defense. They didn't play much offense, just defense.
Alright, next off
Cuak FC.
No... I don't know why and how they thought of this name. But they're still red, coincident eh? That's my father's team. With him being the captain, he strategically organized the players based from their abilities on the field.
Next!
MKT FC.
Now, this is one name I can explain on how they got it. You wanna know what does MKT stand for? You sure you wanna know? Okay...
(M)agnum
(K)uda [Da Ma Cai. Lol, what the hell?]
(T)oto
Pretty unique, eh? Laughed like hell when I heard what it stands for.
Anyway, this team consists of Nepalese and has an admirable defense and passing skills on the field.
Up next...
Rimba Bara FC.
Nothing much about this name but they have a pretty good stamina. They can run up and down the field without getting tired.
NEXT!
Tiger FC.
LOL, presenting the Chelsea wanna-be. XD
But, they still can't be underestimated by their looks. As they say, don't judge a book by its cover. This team, as its name itself implies, played just as greatl as a Tiger. They have a great goalkeeper (the second one from the left, standing.), a great defender (the one flashing a thumbs-up. No joke!) and a great striker (the one standing beside the keeper.)
And finally...
(No pictures... DO'H!!! They didn't want to take.)
Astagan FC.
I don't know how did they thought of this name out. Don't ask me. Their uniform does resemble Arsenal though.
The strongest group so far. They have this one player that really stands out among them. He has great stamina, great passing skills, superb shooting skills and dribbling skills. The team mostly depends on him only to score.

The match goes according to groups and there is no elimination in the match. The points given are as follows:
If a team wins, the team would be awarded with three points.
If a team loses, there would be no point awarded.
If both teams ends up with a tie, both of them would be awarded with only one point.

The list of matches.
The scoreboard.

First match in the first round was...
MKT FC (0 - 0) Rimba Bara FC
Second match:
My dad in action.
Cabai Hijau FC (0 - 1) Cuak FC
Then, onto the last match of the round:
Astagan FC (1 - 1) Tiger FC

Then, on to the second round. The first match was:
Rimba Bara FC (0 - 1) Cuak FC
On to the second match:
Astagan FC (1 - 0) MKT FC
Finally...:
Cabai Hijau FC (0 - 2) Tiger FC

Had launch after the end of the second round. The company brought Chicken Rice. Nothing much out of the ordinary. My dad tried sneaking away to smoke but he couldn't escape my 'sharp' eyes. XD
"Try to sneak away, eh? Not so easy!" That's what I said that time. You can see my dad's head behind the Honda City.
You're so busted when I show this picture to mom unless you get me my dream CPU. >=D

After eating our lunch, we continued on with the first match of the third round:
Astagan FC (3 - 0) Rimba Bara FC
Up next:
Tiger FC (3 - 0) Cuak FC [Lots of stupid goals, if you ask me.]
Lastly:
MKT FC (1 - 2) Cabai Hijau FC
Lol, before the match started. The Cabai Hijau was taking their sweet time getting into the field. One of the players that weren't playing got angried and shouted.
"Oi! Cibai Hijau, cepatlah. Cibai betul,"
Everyone LOLed at that.
The goalkeeper. Lol, run baby, run!

The sun was starting to fry us alive but the forth round went on:
Cuak FC (2 - 1) Astagan FC
That was one awesome match, everybody says so. Well, because it's Astagan versus Cuak and they all thought that Astagan would kick my dad's team's butts. But they were wrong as my dad devised a strategy that turned the tables around. It was really amazing, the way my dad's team was playing that time. It was all coordinated so beautifully.
After that:
Rimba Bara FC (1 - 3) Cabai Hijau FC
Lastly:
Tiger FC (0 - 0) MKT FC
Now that's a surprise...

When it was time for the fifth round, I then realized that I'm going to be late for my match back at Challenger. Vicky and Sagilan were already calling me. Oh boy. I told my dad, he said he'll try his best to bring me there. Anyway, let the fifth and also last round begin!

First up, we have:
Astagan FC (4 - 0) Cabai Hijau FC
Lol, talk about a case of bullying.
Then later on:
Rimba Bara FC (0 - 1) Tiger FC
And finally:
MKT FC (1 - 1) Cuak FC.
What's my dad doing just standing over there?

Well then, with all matches done. Here's the final result from the score board.


Darn, Tiger FC was leading, Cuak and Astagan tied. Then, I thought I could head back to KL already but I was wrong. There is still the semi-finals! I dropped to my knee and shouted that time... almost.

I wanted to take some pictures but my handphone's battery died. Anyway, here's the result anyway.

Cuak FC (1 - 2 [Penalty]) Tiger FC
Astagan FC (1 - 0) Cabai Hijau FC

Astagan got first, Tiger got second while my dad's team, Cuak, got third. Still an achievement though and I'm proud of my dad for it. My dad couldn't wait any longer, so he immdiately left the match to send me to my match without receiving his medal. We were rushing back to KL only to meet with a massive jam that made us stuck at the same area for almost an hour.

Barely reached the challenger in time but I still managed to make it. I entered the match last minutely and I almost made a score against my opponent. Sagi was crossing the ball to me just before the game ended. I was about to shoot the ball in until one of my opponent scored it for me instead.

LOL

I was like, 'what the hell? My goal was stolen!'. Eveybody from Street Thugz laughed.

After the match, I asked Sagi how was the game earlier. He told me that Street Thugz has been playing, using the same players, for two hours straight while the City Youth Academy swtiches players every 5 minutes or so. We scored more than 50 times, they only scored not more than 10 times.

Damn, we must've trashed them really hard in their faces. Well, after that, the Street Thugz had a small talk with the City Youth Academy's coach. We wanted to hire him as our coach.

The coach told us, he would be glad to train us with some conditions met:
He needs two days to train us every week.
He needs our commitments.
He needs a field to train us on with.

We have it all. But the problem is, the timing. Our time schedules were too tight, so unfortunately, we have to cancel it.

Went back home after that at about 7.30. Was dead tired and was about to go up to our rooms when my mom and my brother noticed me and my dad's skin. Apparently, me and my dad got a tan. xD


Well, football match was fun. I get to learn from the way the adults were playing an actual football. It was sure worthy waking up early in the morning and spending my time there in Bentong. Except for the part where me and my dad got darker. DO'H! ><

Kyle

No comments: