Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Dad's 45th birthday

Yeah, I know it's a little TOO late for this post but hey! Better late then never, eh?

Anyway, this happened during the 3rd of March on the day of Tuesday. It was my dad's 45th birthday. I didn't knew his age at first until I asked my mom. Seriously!

But then again, from time to time my dad would even forget me and my brother's age. There's one comical scene that happened between us some time ago. It's about my brother's age and it happened last year. My brother's 12 and I was 16 that time. Here's how the scene went.

Dad: Jian, what's your age again?
Me: He's 13 this year. (LOL!)
Dad: Wha-? Really? Oh, so how many A's you got in UPSR?
Me: He haven't taken his UPSR yet.
Dad: ...

Lol, you should've seen the looks on his face. Priceless!

Anyway, the day started out pretty normal. Dad fetched me to school and I wished him after I got off the car. I planned to get him something nice for his birthday but my mom said don't have to waste too much money and I didn't know what to get for him this year either.

I asked my dad what he liked as his birthday present and he urged us to not get him anything. He doesn't mind. But being the good son that I am... *cough cough* I still think that my dad STILL deserves something.

So, after school, I headed straight away to 'King's Confectionery' and get my dad a birthday cake. That's the least I could do anyway. Then another problem hit me, what cake does my dad likes? I don't think a grown up man would enjoy colorful multiple flavors ice-cream cake, now do they? Since my dad enjoys eating chocolates and bananas, I got him the Choco-Banana cake which cost me RM33.00

I even had his name written on it. Nice, eh? =)

So after I went home, I kept the cake in a fridge and waited for my dad to come back. We went out for dinner and had western food in this restaurant called 'Rendezvous' in Taman Billion. I recommend it to you people out there who enjoys western food. The foods there are nice and their specialty, the 'Cheese Fondue' will definitely melt your cheesy heart away.

We came back and I brought out the cake and lighten it. Dad was surprised and couldn't stop smiling while we sang the birthday song.

It was a little blur but...well, it's still good enough.
My dad, cutting the cake.

My mom took the responsibility to cut and divide the cake while we enjoyed it. Couldn't get a picture of her eating her cake. DO'H!!

See? My brother enjoys the cake so much that he's giving me a thumbs-up! LOL.
Well I gotta admit, the choco-banana cake was delicious.

The night basically just ended like that. I still think that I could do more than that to celebrate my dear father's special day. Ah well, maybe I'll try again next year, if I wasn't selected for National Service that is. O_O

Well dad, Happy Birthday! =D

And thanks for all the care (and lectures...) that you gave me since the day I was breathing. I appreciated it. There is no one that could replace YOU in my heart....... 'yet'. LOL!!!

Kyle
P.S.: Dad, if you happen to see this post and wish to thank me. You can do so by teaching me how to drive. =D

No comments: