Monday, December 1, 2008

I don't get it

Yesterday, I was on my way back to my home after spending one night at PD (I'll be posting it. Soon, I hope...) My parents stopped by a mini-market in Taman Connaught to buy some ingredients for that night's dinner. My mom went out of the car with me accompanying her while my dad and brother waited in the car.

While walking towards the store, the workers as well as the owner of the store was standing outside looking over to the opposite street; where there was a bunch of people standing around a white Toyota Wish. Curiosity gotten over us, my mom asked the owner, whom she knew for a long time, what happened.

The owner told us that the window of the car was broken with all its valuables in it looted. She also said that apparently earlier, there was two guys on a motor did that. "That doesn't surprise me at all," I bet that you were thinking the same way as I am that time, am I right? Well, that's what I thought until I heard the rest of the story;


There was two guys on a bike, they arrived quickly and broke the car's glass. They took any valuables they could find inside the car and sped off after that. There was a bank nearby and the security guard who saw the entire thing that had transpired in front of him did nothing at all. Yes people, NOTHING AT ALL!! After the car was broke into and the two had sped off, then only people started to come out from the nearby restaurants etc etc to see the situation.

What the hell, man? If the security guard of the bank was there, he was supposed to do something. Great, this is the kind of people that the government spend their money to. I kinda pity what the bank manager had to face if the owner of the car knew about the guard and decided to bombard him or her. I'm sure that the guard had undergo some trainings to face this kind of situation or at least dial 999 or shout for help at the very least but instead he just stood there like a buffoon and just watch?

I don't get it

What the hell is wrong with the guard? And for the people from the nearby restaurants and all, aren't you all a little slow judging from your reaction? Someone's car is being broke into and you all thought that it was none of your business? Come on, man, I thought we Malaysians are supposed to be helping one and another, not watch in enjoyment and do nothing while someone's car is being broke into. Imagine if the same thing happened to your lovely car and no one was there to help you, what would you do? How would you feel?

The story doesn't end here. After a while with still no police visible nearby, one of the man from the crowd grabbed a long wooden pillar and stormed into a gray Proton Satria followed by another man. I wonder, what was he thinking. My guess was that he somehow recognizes the criminal's faces (if they weren't wearing any helmets) and wanted to go find those two and give them a good beating or something. Whether this is true or not, it's still remains unknown, well, to me at least.

I don't get it

If my guess was correct, that does it mean that the guy recognizes their face? Doesn't that tell us that he TOO saw through the entire thing that was happening? If so, why didn't he help out in the first place with that bad-ass wooden pillar of his? Why didn't he call the police and report to them at what happened? Where was he going with that wooden pillar of his? Beat the criminals up? Won't that make things worse?

I don't get it

Violence only breeds more violence. Don't you get it? But still, that was just my intuition and my intuition hasn't always hit the jackpot and vice versa. But if my intuition proves otherwise correct, then that just shows us how bashful and irresponsible us society today is. Not to mention cold-hearted.
Great, these are the kind of people that the government spend their money to. I pity what the bank owner had to face if the owner of the car knew about the guard and decided to bombard him or her.

After all the ruckus, I still couldn't see any police patrol car around but luckily and hopefully that the nearby CCTV installed captured the whole thing and will be able to solve the whole thing. After all, I don't think that the government uses our tax money and spend it to install the CCTV just for shits.

Then I heard another similar case that happened somewhere last month or so from the owner of the store. The case happened at McDonalds' down by Connaught;

There was this one lady who was happily enjoying her meal at the smoking area (outdoor table) and was playing with her laptop until two guys came up to her with a knife and robbed her of her belongings; laptop, cellphone, handbag and all the knick-knacks that the lady has. The other patrons saw what happened and guess what the good society did? They rushed away from the restaurant! Not only that, to add it worse, those who were INSIDE the restaurant, including workers, rushed away from the restaurant too. So in the end, all the lady's belonging was taken away. And as usual, the lady cried and asked to borrow a phone from a guard (i think) to report to police about the incident. This got me angered when I heard that the guard didn't want to borrow his phone to her claiming that it was none of his business and didn't want to involve in it. In the end, this injustice was left like that or at least I think it was.

I don't get it

First of all, those two robbers had guts to conduct a robbery in daylight and in an open area at that I'll give them that. But come on, to the other patrons, what the hell is wrong with you people? It's just the two of them against and I'm guessing at least 10 of you, shouldn't you help out or dial 999 or even shout for help for Pete's sake? I mean come on, there's presumably more than 10 of you and there's only two of them. Don't you know maths? Ten beats two? Makes any sense? Don't give me the they-had-knives bullshit, can't you use your brain? With ten of you, you can just easily surround the two. You're much older than me, if I can think of this, why can't you?

I don't get it

Now for the workers in the restaurant. Why couldn't you workers at least dial 999 for help and instead run away from the spot? If you're going to give me the they-had-knives excuse again, don't bother. Don't you people like, have a knife in the kitchen somewhere? Otherwise, how are you going to cut the meats, patties, pickles, cucumber and all? Don't tell me you actually rip them with your hands or something? Once again, these are the kinds of peoples that the government spend their money onto.

I don't get it

Last and finally, that guard (I'm not entirely sure it's the same guard from the car breaking incident. But judging on how he reacted from the case, I beg to differ.) What in the seven seas of earth does he mean by not wanting to get involve in the case? It's already bad enough of him not helping out especially if he is a guard in the first place and to make things worse, he doesn't even want to lend the victim his cellphone after losing hers? Is lending his cellphone to that victim that much of a burden? This guy is just too selfish, how did he end up with the job as a guard in the first place anyway? His employer should really fire his sorry little arse, i bet that it would do the society a good favor.

I don't get it

What is the matter is with this people? Aren't we supposed to help out among one and another? Like what we have learn in our Moral subject or Civic? Or what our parents had taught us? Or what we have learn by watching television nowadays?

Doesn't the line;

"United we stand, divided we fall" (or some bullshit like that, I don't know...)

Mean anything to us?

I don't think there is any harm in helping others out especially if he or she is in need of one. This just once again, shows us how our society are nowadays. I'm just so disappointed in this and I bet that you are too after reading this. I guess with all this happening, we're on our own from now on. I suppose that we can only trust the society only by a little or can only trust ourselves. All I can think now is...

I don't get it

Kyle

No comments: